Okay, so for the last 18 months I have been saving like mad for my very special holiday to New York! As some of you may know, I turned 21 in 2013 and I always said I wanted to go for my birthday. Circumstances meant I didn’t quite get away in Summer but on 2nd January 2014 I set off on my travels with my lovely man!
The trip started with disaster of course! I woke up at 5am, all excited, only to find out our flight had been cancelled due to a snow storm in New York! Cue lots of screaming, crying and moaning about how unfair it is! Of course I refused to take no for an answer. I headed to the airport anyway and managed to get booked on a later flight with no hassle at all! (Thanks, British Airways!)
Anyway, the main point of this post is the shopping! OMG the shops are just sooooo good! Of course I was there during the January sales so everything was sooo cheap!
- NYPD Hoodie: I just had to have this. I love a baggy hoodie for lounging about in.
- I love NY t-shirt: No trip to NY would be complete without one of these obviously!
- Cat print leggings (Forever 21): These are actually PJ’s but they are far too pretty to wear to bed so I use them as leggings!
- PJ Set (Forever 21): I also wear the Meow top as a normal top just with a plain cami under it as its a bit see through!
- Sparkle leggings (American Eagle): I love sparkles and these were so unusual. I’ve not seen anything like them in the UK!
- Both Checked Shirts (American Eagle): I couldn’t decide between the 2 colours and they were in the sale so I just got both!
- Burgundy cable knit jumper (American Eagle)
- Popcorn knit cream jumper (Aeropostale): This will look so cute in spring with skinny jeans!
- Beige Cable Knit Jumper (American Eagle)
- Pink Juicy Jumper (Juicy Couture): Only $25 in the sale! I’ve had this on loads and it looks really good! I love baby pink at the moment!
I really needed some new tops for uni so the above is a selection of what I picked up! The white cat one is my favourite! A bargain at $10 from Forever 21!
More hoodies! They are just so cheap in America and I wear them all the time at uni!
So there we go, a selection of the items I picked up in New York!
Hope you enjoyed this post! I certainly enjoyed the shopping for it!